I started to develop a Minecraft clone with my room mate.
This project was aborted due to a lack of time and obsolete technologies. Originally it was planned as an improved clone of the game minecraft. We used it as a case study for experimenting. Our experiments included:
- High-Performance Game Development in Java
- 3D Game Development with jMonkeyEngine and Nifty GUI
- Entity System Framework (aka Components Based Game Engine)
- Runtime Level Changes
- Language: Java
- Libraries & Frameworks: jMonkeyEngine • Artemis • Nifty GUI • JSci
- Version Control: SVN • Google Code • GitHub
- Platform: Google App Engine
- IDE: Eclipse
Me and my room mate, who also is a professional software developers with different background.