A spare time project with my room mate of a game remake as multiplayer. Goal is to experiment around with project management techniques, p2p software architectures and some technologies.
This project is currently under development. A multiplayer Asteroids game isn’t that exciting by itself, but we use it as a case study for experimenting. Our experiments include:
- GitHub best practices
- browser-to-browser communication with WebRTC
- Best practices for structuring TypeScript projects
- Automated Testing of TypeScript projects
- Exaggerated use of the Law of Demeter to minimize the coupling and maximize the scalability
- Automated Builds and Continious Integration for TypeScript projects
Asteroid Game • Realtime Multiplayer Action • No Server Required • Browser and Mobile
- Web Libraries: WebRTC • phaser • peerJS • requireJS
- Automated Builds: tsd • yo • yeoman • npm • grunt • bower
- Automated Testing: Karma • TeddyMocks • Custom Framework • mocha • chai
- Continuous Integration: GitHub • Travis CI
- IDE: Eclipse
Me and my room mate, who also is a professional software developers with different background.