An App developed at PayPals 24h Hackathon. It enables parents to give their kids real world tasks and reward them with a virtual currency which can be spent in real world stores.
Blubber was developed on Paypals Battle Hack within 24 hours with the following restrictions:
- Use Paypal: The Paypal API had to be used by the final Software.
- Hack for Good: The app should improve the world or humanity somehow
- Local Range: The app had to be useful in a local area, i.e. your city or district.
Our team consisted of three professional developers.
Idea & Features
The motivation, idea and features of Blubber where presented in a 2-minute-presentation on the BattleHack:
- Libraries & Frameworks: PayPal API • jQuery • bootstrap • Underscore • Java Servlets • Google App Engine • jQuery.qrcode
- Automated Builds: Maven • Gradle
- Automated Testing: JUnit • mockito
- Version Control: GitHub
- IDEs: Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA
- Other: QR Codes • Raspberry Pi • USB Monitor